Managing medications for chronic conditions can be difficult and expensive.
Mohawk Valley Health System makes it easier for our patients by offering chronic disease management and specialty pharmacy services.
Your Pharmacy Needs Are Personal to Us
We support for patients cared for at Mohawk Valley Health System’s Specialty Pharmacy who require complex, expensive medications to manage conditions including cancer, autoimmune disorders, HIV, Hepatitis C, diabetes, asthma and many more.
Mohawk Valley Health System’s caring and highly-trained pharmacists and pharmacy liaisons work with your doctor to provide a coordinated and personalized therapy experience.
Our services include:
- Financial counseling: We have the specialized expertise to help get your prescriptions covered and approved by your insurance and find financial assistance if you qualify.
- Prescription refill coordination: We will call to remind you that your prescription is due to be refilled, and we will coordinate with the Mohawk Valley Health System outpatient pharmacy to prepare your refill for home delivery or onsite pick-up.
- Home delivery: We ship medications in secure packaging right to your door at no additional cost if desired.
- Initial medication counseling and education: We will discuss your new prescription with you prior to you taking the medication.
- Periodic assessments and interventions: We will monitor the effectiveness and safety of your medications and work with your provider to adjust as needed.
- Access to pharmacists: We have highly-trained pharmacists available to help handle any side effects and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- 24/7 telephone support: You can access one of our pharmacist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays and weekends.